Frequently Asked Questions
do Mentoring kids get to work with horses?
Yes! Youth in the mentoring program can spend time with their mentor doing ground work as it pertains to their goal. This activity is guided by our Path Certified Equine Specialist so don't worry, they'll be in good hands and have a ton of fun!
Do Mentoring Kids get to ride Horses
No. We do not offer this service with the program.
How much does it cost?
Many of our clients have funding from the Waiver program or CCS. We have contracted rates with many different funding sources.
What funding sources do you work with?
We work with CCS, WPS, IRIS and directly with county/human services.
Who is ELIGIBLE?
- We serve kids aged 5-21 who have a mental health diagnosis.
- Must be continent of bowels and bladder.
- Must be able to understand and respond to spoken prompts in English.
- Does not have a history of violent behavior in the last 3 months toward a professional.
- Does not have a history of inappropriate sexual behavior or be on the registry of sexual offenders.
If you have more questions, please email us at MENTORING@TRINITY-EC.COM, and our Mentoring Coordinator will get back to you.
For Workshop related questions, please email WORKSHOPS@TRINITY-EC.COM
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO BE PLACED WITH A MENTOR?
Trinity Mentoring prides itself on our good matches between Trinity Mentors and mentees. We get kids going as fast as we possibly can.
What are Some Examples of goals you work on?
Emotional regulation, Increased social skills, Independent living skills